VTST optimizer stops

Vasp transition state theory tools

Moderator: moderators

jasius

VTST optimizer stops

Post by jasius »

Merry Christmas, Graeme et al.

I have recently compiled VASP 4.6 +VTST and have tremendous problems gettign VTST to work. When I turn VTST optimizer on, calculation aborts with bunch of core dump files and no particular error. I I try the same settings on VASP optimizer, it has no problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

I will try to upload compressed file below, not sure if there are any size limits but my uploads repeatedly fail

Jonas
jasius

Re: VTST optimizer stops

Post by jasius »

strange thing, I can;t upload, when I click Add the file it uploads something but then it refreshes the page and there is no file added
graeme
Site Admin

Post by graeme »

My bad; I didn't update the php settings to allow upload of large files. It should work now.
jasius

Post by jasius »

there we go, see attached. strangest thing, I am sure it's a problem with compile but not sure what went wrong, not enough experience, I could post makefile if you need it
Attachments
vtst_problem.tar.gz
(13.61 MiB) Downloaded 798 times
jasius

Post by jasius »

figured might be better if I added the makefile as well
Attachments
Makefile.txt
(15.56 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
graeme
Site Admin

Post by graeme »

I see that the Results_VTST/Ni_slab_VTST calculation stops soon after the program starts, but I don't see any error messages. Without that, or a core file, I won't be able to debug the problem. Also, your comment that there were compilation errors is not encouraging. We have not used or supported vasp.4.* in quite a while, but if you had some compilation errors or a traceback from the corefile, that might help us find the problem.