BETA eOn Client 2.30 NOT WORKING

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

michaelCG*

BETA eOn Client 2.30 NOT WORKING

Post by michaelCG* »

I am very sorry but i the new "BETA eOn Client" does not work!
a) the initial problem with non-funtcional download for Windows Hosts maybe fixed
b) but all Workunits producing just error. (The Windows Client as well as the linux client). The Windows-Version producing not only a calculation fault, the whole .exe crashes. APPCRASH eonclient-beta_2.30_windows_intelx86!!!
c) the most severe issue is that it is not possible to configure your account properly. if i want to update my account preferences and deselect the section for beta-test and confirm nothing changes! I am forced to be beta-tester.

Please take a look and fix at least c) at the very first! Then you can take all the time to you need to fix b)

BTW: I would prefer to be informed on the mainpage new-section. Instead of getting into trouble with non-working-beta-issues. I understand that beta's might be buggy but it is not nice to be forced to beta-testing.
chill

Re: BETA eOn Client 2.30 NOT WORKING

Post by chill »

There was a permission issue with the Windows binary. I fixed that a little while ago, which enabled people to run the windows client. We are aware of the crashing client and are working on a fix. As for the account preferences problem, I have no idea why it will not let you opt out. For now I have canceled all of the beta workunits and I am working on fixing the account preferences issue.

We have never intended to force anyone to do beta testing! It is supposed to be opt-in and I am surprised to see so many people have opted to run the beta. I do not plan to run more beta workunits until the account preferences issue has been fixed.
chill

Post by chill »

I have fixed the issue with the account preferences. It was a bug in the version of the BOINC server side software we are using.
michaelCG*

Post by michaelCG* »

wow! thank you a lot! that was really fast fixed. you saved my day.