The SS-NEB - external pressure set

Vasp transition state theory tools

Moderator: moderators

Jiang12

The SS-NEB - external pressure set

Post by Jiang12 »

Dear Prof. Graeme and others,

I have used the SS-NEB with PSTRESS = 100 to perform the calculation, but the energy difference between the initial configure and the final configure is a little larger than that performed with VASP calculation, which I do not expect to occure. Is the SS-NEB calculation with external pressure set as accurate as the one without external pressure set?

Thank you very much.
graeme
Site Admin

Re: The SS-NEB - external pressure set

Post by graeme »

I think we'll need some configuration and OUTCAR files to look into this.
xph

Post by xph »

The initial and final structures are not changed during SSNEB calculations. OUTCARs are copied to these two folders, so it is not SSNEB's problem.
But with PSTRESS, enthalpies in OSZICARs should be used instead of energies in OUTCARs in neb.dat. Be careful with nebbarrier.pl which reads energies from OUTCARs.

Is the converged saddle point structure different than the one without external pressure?
Jiang12

Post by Jiang12 »

[quote="xph"]The initial and final structures are not changed during SSNEB calculations. OUTCARs are copied to these two folders, so it is not SSNEB's problem.
But with PSTRESS, enthalpies in OSZICARs should be used instead of energies in OUTCARs in neb.dat. Be careful with nebbarrier.pl which reads energies from OUTCARs.

Is the converged saddle point structure different than the one without external pressure?[/quote]
I have found the problem, just as you say, it is the problem of nebbarrier.pl.

Thank you.