Compilation error for VTST and VASP 5.2.8

Vasp transition state theory tools

Moderator: moderators

Nguyen2

Compilation error for VTST and VASP 5.2.8

Post by Nguyen2 »

Dear All,

The VTST code compiles fine with VASP 5.2.2, however I have the following error with VASP 5.2.8 + VTST:

icc -w -E -C dimer_heyden.F > dimer_heyden.f90 -DMPI -DHOST=\"LinuxIFC\" -DIFC -Dkind8 -DCACHE_SIZE=12000 -DPGF90 -Davoidalloc -DNGZhalf -DMPI_BLOCK=8000
mpif90 -FR -lowercase -assume byterecl -O3 -xSSE4.2 -static -c dimer_heyden.f90
dimer_heyden.F(761): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [DIR_APP]
DIR_APP(1:DIR_LEN)//'DIMERDIRECTION'
-------------^
dimer_heyden.F(761): error #6514: A substring must be of type CHARACTER. [DIR_APP]
-------------^
dimer_heyden.F(761): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [DIR_LEN]
-----------------------^
dimer_heyden.F(767): error #6514: A substring must be of type CHARACTER. [DIR_APP]
-------------^
compilation aborted for dimer_heyden.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [dimer_heyden.o] Error 1

Please note that this error only happens when I try to compile VTST with VASP 5.2.8. This error does not happen if I compile VASP 5.2.8 only. It seems the new dimer_heyden.F code in VASP 5.2.8 is not compatible with the VTST code. How can I fix this issue?

Thank you,
Nguyen
graeme
Site Admin

Re: Compilation error for VTST and VASP 5.2.8

Post by graeme »

This file is actually vasp's implementation of the dimer method. The compilation error should not be related to the vtstcode.