Disk Space Requirements

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

Augustine

Disk Space Requirements

Post by Augustine »

eOn seems to use only a few MB of disk space, yet it requires the client to have almost 1GB of disk space available. Is this truly correct?

TIA
nullcoding

Re: Disk Space Requirements

Post by nullcoding »

Are you running Linux? It seems this complaint has surfaced before...
Augustine

Post by Augustine »

I am, but the space made available to BOINC is this case is just about 0.5GB.
ScouseSandwich

Post by ScouseSandwich »

I had this same problem, had 300Mb free but eOn wouldnt download any tasks because it was asking for 1Gb of free space. I made room and it only wanted 7Mb.

I am running BOINC 6.10.58 on Win7 64bit
chill

Post by chill »

ScouseSandwich wrote:I had this same problem, had 300Mb free but eOn wouldnt download any tasks because it was asking for 1Gb of free space. I made room and it only wanted 7Mb.
I have lowered the disk space requirement to 50Mb per wu.

Out of curiosity how are you running your boinc client such that you only have 300Mb free? Are people running the client off of a usb flash memory drive or something? I doesn't make sense to me that anyone has a computer without a gigabyte or two of disk space to spare when a gigabyte of storage costs something like 5 cents.
Augustine

Post by Augustine »

The reason I reserve only 0.5GB for BOINC is because of disk quota policies.

Thanks for your understanding.
chill

Post by chill »

Augustine wrote:The reason I reserve only 0.5GB for BOINC is because of disk quota policies.

Thanks for your understanding.
That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.
ScouseSandwich

Post by ScouseSandwich »

chill wrote:
ScouseSandwich wrote:I had this same problem, had 300Mb free but eOn wouldnt download any tasks because it was asking for 1Gb of free space. I made room and it only wanted 7Mb.
I have lowered the disk space requirement to 50Mb per wu.

Out of curiosity how are you running your boinc client such that you only have 300Mb free? Are people running the client off of a usb flash memory drive or something? I doesn't make sense to me that anyone has a computer without a gigabyte or two of disk space to spare when a gigabyte of storage costs something like 5 cents.

I had 1Gb reserved for boinc as i couldnt sacrifice the default 10Gb, however other projects i am running take up a lot of space which only left me with 300Mb free. I have now made room for bounc to have more disc usage.