Stats Don't Match ????

eOn code for long time scale dynamics

Moderator: moderators

rjbelans

Stats Don't Match ????

Post by rjbelans »

I'm curious why the stats on my account page match what is listed in the individual users statistics page, but not what is contained in the team breakdown. Also, maybe a little more confusing, when I change to order based on total points instead of recent credit all of the numbers change (on team breakdown). Why is that?
graeme
Site Admin

Re: Stats Don't Match ????

Post by graeme »

I see the same total credit ~61K for your user and listed for you in your team breakdown.

page refresh maybe? some time delay?

Anyway, if you think there really is a problem, we can look into it.
rjbelans

Post by rjbelans »

I have refreshed, restarted IE, cleared cache, anything I could think of to ensure it is downloading directly from the server and this is what I got.

This is what I see in My Account.
e0n - my account.PNG
e0n - my account.PNG (4.86 KiB) Viewed 20526 times
This is what is listed in the list of all users when sorted by RAC.
e0n stats - by RAC.PNG
e0n stats - by RAC.PNG (4.73 KiB) Viewed 20526 times
And, this is what is listed when I go to my team page and select view team members when sorted by RAC.
e0n team breakdown - by RAC.PNG
e0n team breakdown - by RAC.PNG (8.87 KiB) Viewed 20526 times
I'm not sure if it is something you can fix or not. The layout and links all seem to be a generic template that most BOINC projects use. It may be the same issue on all sites that use the same template.

The really odd part I will place below in another post as I can not attach more than 3 pictures.
rjbelans

Post by rjbelans »

As metioned in my previous post, there is something that is a little more perplexing going on here. When I just click on a column header to change the sort order, the numbers in the table change drastically.

Comparing to the second image above, you can see how my numbers change in the list of all contributers when I change the sort order to total points.
e0n stats - by total points.PNG
e0n stats - by total points.PNG (3.93 KiB) Viewed 20526 times
Then on the team breakdown page, I get a similar discrepancy when changing the sort oder to total points.
e0n team breakdown - by total points.PNG
e0n team breakdown - by total points.PNG (9.16 KiB) Viewed 20526 times
These issues are not really urgent matters, but just odd and confusing. Thanks for looking into it.
CMmoose

Post by CMmoose »

It's been like that for a long time. The uppdating of the stats seem to occur at different speeds. I look normally at the page with the highest amount as that is the most up to date.
rjbelans

Post by rjbelans »

Did anyone make any changes? As of this posting all of the stats were matching up with the exact same numbers. Was this a fluke, or is the variation now corrected?
graeme
Site Admin

Post by graeme »

We have never changed anything related to the boinc stats system.