CMmoose

3 bad WUs

Post by CMmoose »

3 bad WUs run for over 2 hours without progress -
287701354_33_206951_0 and 287701354_33_207672_0 and 287701354_33_207865_0
dpp4me@gmail.com

Re: 3 bad WUs

Post by dpp4me@gmail.com »

I have had about 10 or so in the last day, they run from 3 to 4 hours. I let them run until complete and they were good. Got 40 points for longest one. no percentage change until last 30 minutes then it goes real fast. but they are still good WUs
CMmoose

Post by CMmoose »

These were not the slow ones, but had 0% progress after 2 hours. The slow ones are at about 75% after 2 hours.
dpp4me@gmail.com

Post by dpp4me@gmail.com »

Yep, mine stayed a zero %, the processing time kept incrementing and the time left kept going up also, It completed eventually. I left the computer running while I was at work, when I cam home it had one of those long running ones with 0%. So i wrote down the times and was going to check it later. I went and looked at my previous WUs and had several that took hours so I figured the counter must be messed up on some of the jobs. Sure enough I came back later to check the times and when it gets close to the end the % and time left counter start moving fast. I just happen to catch it at the right time to see it.
CMmoose

Post by CMmoose »

The question is though how do we know when a WU will finally move from 0% progress or not?

Most eOn WUs are completed after max 30 minutes, if we're not told by the project team of these long WUs then it's not surprising that most of the donors (that's us that pay for the electricity, PC, internet connection etc) abort them because they think they're duds. A warning of these sort of WUs would help. I had to e-mail the team to find out.
chill

Post by chill »

We run several different kinds of simulations. The kind that we have been running for the past couple of months have a working progress bar. These recent poorly behaved jobs are a different type of simulation. I won't be submitting any more until I figure out why the progress bar isn't updating. Thanks for reporting the issue!